A practical workshop to help you coach parents of children with communication needs in the early years.
Watch this space!
A practical online workshop to help you coach parents of children with communication needs in the early years.
Heart & Spark is for you if:
- Your work involves supporting families of children in the early years. Speech and Language Therapists, Assistants, Portage Workers and Health Visitors are all welcome.
- You see the impact of establishing a positive relationship with parents in your work and want to develop these skills further.
- You’re looking for practical ideas, workable frameworks and a heart-centred approach to family support.
- You meet children who are at the very beginning of learning to talk, or perhaps not talking at all.
- You’d like to chat with other professionals and try out practical strategies in a low-pressure context.
Together, we’ll explore how we:
- Build empathy and trust with parents.
- Develop active listening skills.
- Establish a strength-based discussion about a child’s communication needs.
- Create goals in collaboration with parents.
- Deal with imposter syndrome (yes – you’re not the only one!)
I’ll share with you:
- My framework for approaching parent coaching sessions
- Sentence starters to help you open the conversation with parents
- Practical tips for using video feedback in your work
- Video examples of therapy sessions with early communicators
- What to look for in a child’s early communication steps, even before they’re talking
What people have said about Heart & Spark
This session was excellent – I feel a spark of excitement in thinking of my next PCI session.
Well presented, evidence based, informative, interactive and welcoming. Thank you Bryony.
I really enjoyed how interactive, well organised and informative the workshop was. So much useful information without feeling overwhelmed.
I found it really real and positive and accessible.