Let’s work together
I provide support that will:
- build on your child’s strengths
- increase their confidence
- reduce frustration and
- improve your sense of fun and connection together
I specialise in helping children who are:
- just learning to talk (saying the odd word and need help to say more)
- confused by the social world and need help navigating friendships and playground dramas
I work by:
- assessing your child’s communication skills
- playing and working with your child
- chatting with you about your child’s communication development
- agreeing a plan together and sharing it with your key people
- providing reports that give a clear picture of your child and what we’re working on together
- coaching you with strategies to help them communicate
You can work with me:
- online: Find out about the Toddler Talk online programme, or enquire about bespoke options
- in person: 1:1 clinic sessions are available in Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight
- outside: I run social play sessions and group story sessions in the park
- in a group: I offer a range of workshops and training packages
Let’s work together and help your child thrive.
Bryony is forming a great bond with my son who really struggles with communication. He is calm, happy and has fun in her sessions and I see him enjoying communication now. It’s been fantastic to hear Bryony’s positive observations of the great little steps he is making and it’s been so refreshing to have that.
Bryony has a lovely, warm manner with both children and their parents. She brings a wide variety of toys and objects to therapy sessions to create opportunities for my child to work on new sounds and words. From the very start of our sessions, we have felt welcome and like we are in the hands of a professional. Bryony has also given us helpful and realistic goals to work on at home with our son – we feel that we are getting more than just our hour per week this way. Communication is efficient and the social media resources are outstanding. We have been so lucky to find Bryony.
Bryony is patient, creative and inventive with her activities with her clients – each week is different. My son is so settled with our SaLT routine (even when we have a break) and that is testament to Bryony’s kindness towards him. Highly recommend!
Bryony is always so incredibly insightful. She is innovative and kind, so respectful and brings such infectious positivity!
I run weekly Speech and Language Therapy clinics in Portsmouth and on the Isle of Wight. Home and setting visits are also available where appropriate. I also offer parent consultation sessions online.
The best place to start is to get in touch, so you can tell me a little about your child. We can then discuss your child’s communication skills and whether SaLT sessions is right for them.
Therapy looks a little different for every child, depending on their communication skills and our goals for therapy. That said, there are some common themes! Therapy always involves conversation, some play or structured activities and discussion with yourself. Check out what to expect at an initial appointment.
Prices range from £40 for a half hour SaLT session, to £330 for a formal assessment and report. Get in touch to find out what package is the best fit for you.
Individual therapy sessions range from 30 minutes to an hour. Some children need only a few sessions to give them a boost (especially if you are doing extra practice at home.) Some children need more time to develop their communication skills. After meeting your child and chatting with you it will be possible to recommend a schedule that suits your needs.
Initial appointments are typically available in less than two weeks. Get in touch today and you’ll have a date in your diary in no time.